Welcome to my "Amazing Grace Artists" Blog!

Here is a little corner of the world devoted to all things to do with the "Amazing Grace Artists" Faith Based Art Group on Facebook and what we have going on on there and out in the world...Perhaps I can persuade you to join us if you haven't already!

I hope to at least be able to inspire you to create something, make you think, and maybe, just maybe, show you something new now and then! Most of all, I hope to give YOU, a safe and caring place to just relax and share your special, God Given artsy gifts with others! So be sure to leave comments if you are touched by anything here, and please-share your thoughts and ideas with us all! Art is for everyone-it comes from our hearts and souls, and I think we should share it with everyone and show them how easy living an art-filled, creative life can be. Be sure to watch for free product giveaways and contests also!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Altered Books and Traveling Art Bags



I have been away from this blog for too long! I had to have a couple of heart surgeries, and I have been a bit slow to getting back to all of the things I love. One of those things is altering books. I kept a "traveling art bag" during the time I was going in and out of the hospital, so I could still work on my altered books and pass the time while I recuperated. The nurses really enjoyed looking through my books at all of the designs and the altered text!

If you don't have an art bag stocked for trips, you really should put one together. It is so nice to just be able to grab it and go...You can put in a journal or an altered book, some pencils and pens of your choice, a small watercolor set with a waterbrush, a plastic bottle filled with clean water, some clean rags, watercolor pencils, maybe some watercolor crayons, and anything else you can put in there and leave for when you decide to "pick up and go". I know I would have gone nuts laying around in the hospital, if I hadn't had my art stuff to keep me occupied! Plus, it is ready for when you want to go outside and do things Plein Air. I don't ever paint outside, but I always have wanted to. I at least have my bag ready for it now-I just have to make time for it...

Here are some pictures of an altered book I have been working on. It was originally titled "The Magician's Tale", and the writing and phrases are just wonderful to create altered text from! I have really been concentrating on lots of detail in this book, and have also incorporated a lot of my art in small blocks and squares that I have collaged in along with the designs and artwork I am doing directly on the pages. So, without further ado, here is a little bit of eye candy for you to look at.






Thanks for looking, and be well and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! I love to read what you think!