Welcome to my "Amazing Grace Artists" Blog!

Here is a little corner of the world devoted to all things to do with the "Amazing Grace Artists" Faith Based Art Group on Facebook and what we have going on on there and out in the world...Perhaps I can persuade you to join us if you haven't already!

I hope to at least be able to inspire you to create something, make you think, and maybe, just maybe, show you something new now and then! Most of all, I hope to give YOU, a safe and caring place to just relax and share your special, God Given artsy gifts with others! So be sure to leave comments if you are touched by anything here, and please-share your thoughts and ideas with us all! Art is for everyone-it comes from our hearts and souls, and I think we should share it with everyone and show them how easy living an art-filled, creative life can be. Be sure to watch for free product giveaways and contests also!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Art Journals, Collage and Spring


 Two new workshops over on "Art From Your Heart"! A free one that will go through and cover the book "True Vision"-Authentic Art Journaling" by L.K. Ludwig, plus another Paid workshop ($20.00), "Letting Your Heart Sing" hosted by me! Learn to add your own prose and poetry to your art journal pages and more! Come check it out!

Lately I have had a bit of spring fever-all of the warm weather we have been having is really making me get in the mood for spring themed, more colorful artwork! Here are a couple of my latest creations. The first is a page from my art journal, created in mixed media. The second pic is an altered book spread, also in mixed media. They both have a combo of collage and paint with some marker and chalk for shading.



This last one is a "work in progress". I still have a lot of detail work to do, as well as shading, but I just wanted to show a partially finished example so you could kind of see my process. Happy creating, and check out my latest article over at Mixed Media Art! Thanks Michelle for letting me be a part of your fine website! Here is the Link:

Reading Between the Lines - by Laura Thykeson

You can now also find me on CreativityPortal.com under "20 Questions and other sections!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I came over from Strathmore. I like what I see here. I'm an American artist living in Ukraine. I'm following you now on Google and Networked blogs. Hope you'll do the same on mine as well.
    Cheers,
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coleen-I am honored both to have you stop by and for your wonderful compliment and for following me! I hope to hear and learn more from you as time goes by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cherie! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like the cowgirl page, but they're all terrific. So colorful and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I followed a link from Eileen's blog and I am so glad I did! I am now a follower. Thank you for sharing your work with us.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! Glad to have you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love color and I love the colors that you've shown in these Art pieces. They all look really nice.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Barbara! I appreciate your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! I love to read what you think!