Welcome to my "Amazing Grace Artists" Blog!

Here is a little corner of the world devoted to all things to do with the "Amazing Grace Artists" Faith Based Art Group on Facebook and what we have going on on there and out in the world...Perhaps I can persuade you to join us if you haven't already!

I hope to at least be able to inspire you to create something, make you think, and maybe, just maybe, show you something new now and then! Most of all, I hope to give YOU, a safe and caring place to just relax and share your special, God Given artsy gifts with others! So be sure to leave comments if you are touched by anything here, and please-share your thoughts and ideas with us all! Art is for everyone-it comes from our hearts and souls, and I think we should share it with everyone and show them how easy living an art-filled, creative life can be. Be sure to watch for free product giveaways and contests also!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Altered Books - A New Look

 Stop living excessively and save for a rainy day...
 Hello all!

Enjoy creating altered books? I do and I have been working on my altered book this morning, after a night filled with making decorated envies or envelopes... When you see my altered book spreads, you will see that they are quite a bit different from most of the altered books being created right now. So many people are into the vintage and distressed look made from using the inks and stamps, but that just isn't my cup of tea. I would explain why, but I don't want to take the risk of offending anyone who enjoys creating in this style. My style is more of an illustration type, more modern looking style, more sketchy and drawn and brightly colored, kind of in the genre of an art journal. I am currently working on a book I named "Altered Feelings" where I am putting my original poetry, as well as my original illustrations or graphics to go with each poem.


Now, as you can see, my book is a bit different from the vintage looking altered books. I don't have anything against the vintage look, it's just that I am not that "girly". This style, and a more almost graffiti style suite me better. This page is one that I did in my sketchbook first, with pencil and markers, and then cut it out and glued it into my book. One thing I DID learn-place your book on your sketchpad and trace around it...then you can work within that area you have marked off, and your drawing or artwork will fit into your book just right! I figured that out before I started, thankfully, or I might have had too much "art" for my book page! I would have been a bit upset if I had done the page and then it didn't fit into my book!

That is all for now, so I hope you are having a wonderful day, and Happy Creating from the Uncommon Artist!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! I love to read what you think!